The latest news from WAND UK
Today we talked about Diabetes! It was very nice to have you all!
#charityevent#volunteer#WANDUK#womenempowerment ... See MoreSee Less
WAND's Picnic! We visited the Wallace Collection.
Great fun, thank you to all who have made attended!! #charity#wallacecollection#volunteerwithus#give#dayout#wandukong#wanduk#thankyou @ The Wallace Collection ... See MoreSee Less
5 months ago
WAND UK is looking for a volunteer Treasurer!
If you interested or know someone who might be, please send a private message or call 0208 962 4132 and we will get back to you!
Home based role with occasional office visits. You will need to commit to 2-4 hours a week for at least 6 months.
See Role Specification below:
WAND UK, Volunteering Opportunity – Treasurer
What will you be doing?
Role of the Treasurer
As well as bearing all the general responsibilities of a voluntary management committee officer, the Treasurer is the person specifically entrusted with the funds of the organisation. In an organisation that employs paid staff, they will deal with much of the day-to-day financial business. However, the Treasurer is still responsible for overseeing this and keeping account of the finances.
In smaller organisations where there is no paid staff, the Treasurer will often deal with the financial transactions and bookkeeping.
Role of the Treasurer
As well as bearing all the general responsibilities of a voluntary management committee officer, the Treasurer is the person specifically entrusted with the funds of the organisation:
• To advise the committee on financial matters, both positive and negative
• To control and account for the organisation’s finances
• To issue receipts for all cash received and keep records of that paid out
• To be a counter signatory to any major banking transaction
• To attend meetings of the finance sub-committee (if there is one)
• To oversee bookkeeping
• To prepare the Treasure’s report for the annual general meeting
• To liaise with the appointed Auditor or Independent Examiner for the annual review of accounts
• To advise the organisation’s management committee of its financial requirements for the year ahead
What are we looking for?
• Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
• Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
• Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
The treasurer is required to attend all scheduled meetings and actively seek to maintain current knowledge of the organization, its programs, bylaws and articles of incorporation. The treasurer is required to have knowledge of non-profit accounting practices, non-profit tax laws and fiscal record-keeping.
• At least 3 years’ secretarial experience and financial analysis, bookkeeping and budgeting.
• Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
• Ability to communicate clearly
• A commitment to the aims and objectives of WAND UK
• An ability to effectively contribute to the decision-making process
• Ability to work as part of a small team
• Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
• Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc.)
• Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
• Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place.
What difference will you make?
WAND needs a volunteer with experience that will be committed to looking after WAND's finances and to maintain best practice. This opportunity will benefit the Organisation by filing a gap. The Chair of the organisation is currently serving as Treasurer temporarily, this role will help with Organisational capacity building.
What's in it for the volunteer?
The volunteer has an opportunity to give service to the voluntary sector and to gain experience from the organisations' systems, which could be used in the future. This volunteering opportunity will provide new skills and experience that will contribute to personal development.
Before you apply
Please include a cover letter with your application giving your availability and explaining why you are the best-suited candidate for this position. About Women's Association for Networking and Development WAND UK
• BLACK, ASIAN AND MINORITY ETHNIC GROUPS
• COUNSELLING / ADVICE
• LOCAL / COMMUNITY
• MENTAL HEALTH
• REFUGEES / MIGRANTS
A women's organisation, volunteer-led, that helps all women including Black Asian Minority Ethnic Refugee (BAMER) in excluded communities to improve their quality of life and hence their families...
A women's organisation, volunteer-led, that helps all women including Black Asian Minority Ethnic Refugee (BAMER) in excluded communities to improve their quality of life and hence their families.
We provide information and advice, training and education, advocacy, volunteering, cultural activities, group and multilingual, multicultural one to one sessions offering practical, social, emotional cultural and peer support.
Thank you ... See MoreSee Less
M interested pls mail me email@example.com
All women are invited to join us on our monthly Happy Healthy Family Club. This month the workshop is on Peer Support, Zumba including Raffle and Auction. Enjoy fun activities with other women over lunch.
The venue is: Woodland Community Centre, 78 White City Close, London W12 7DZ. ... See MoreSee Less
Come along let's create Art
#wanduk#suffrugattes#britishhistory#volunteer#britishheritage#art#processions2018 ... See MoreSee Less
A big thank you to all WAND UK volunteers! 😄😄 we hope you have enjoyed the weekend with us at the #BAFTA ... See MoreSee Less
Staff and volunteers Day out at the BAFTA
We had a lovely afternoon: exhibition followed by a screening of Lady Macbeth by Shakespeare
#bafta#wanduk#volunteers#givehope#community#london#charity#thankyou ... See MoreSee Less
Table blessing before lunch in all languages#english#Hebrew#Arabic#WAND#giveaway#volunteer# ... See MoreSee Less
Councillor Pat Healy #labourparty#kensingtonandchelsea#WAND ... See MoreSee Less